We are always interested in talking to tutors with experience in teaching adults, particularly in the following areas:
- Community Outreach – confidence building / employability skills / basic IT for jobseekers
- Family Learning – helping parents gain confidence in their English and maths skills and supporting parents with early years development
- ALDD – working with learners with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Functional Skills – English and maths
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Creative Studies
- Health and Fitness
Do you have an adult teaching qualification or are you a qualified teacher? We can support you to gain an introductory qualification if not.
Courses are held in community venues and adult learning centres throughout Buckinghamshire and sessions are usually 2 hours per week.
Successful applicants will join a “pool” of tutors who are allocated work according to demand. These are sessional tutor positions but fractional tutor posts may be available for the right candidates.
Please email email@example.com for further information.
Sessional Tutor – Drawing and Painting – Evenings in Marlow
We are looking for a suitably qualified tutor to teach art (still life, animation or mixed media) on a Monday or Tuesday evening, in the Marlow area.
Sessional Tutor – Fitness/Exercise – Tuesday Evening in Iver
We are looking for a suitably qualified tutor to teach group fitness or a dance class on a Tuesday evening, in the Iver area.
Sessional Tutor – Fused and Stained Glass – Saturdays in Iver
We are looking for a suitably qualified tutor to teach fused and/or stained glass techniques, on Saturdays in the Iver area.
Contact Margaret on 07920 595549 to apply now.
British Sign Language Sessional Tutor, High Wycombe
Sessional tutor required to teach BSL Level 1 and 2 Sign Language.
The Level 1 course which is being offered this year on a Thursday evening will progress into a Level 2 course in academic year 2018/19.
Applicant qualification requirements:
To teach BSL Level 1 –
- A recognised teaching qualification, Signature BSL Level 2, and GCSE English.
To teach BSL Level 2 –
- A recognised teaching qualification, Signature BSL Level 3 and A level English.
You should have passed your BSL Sign language qualification within the last 5 years or should be currently working within the Deaf community. However, if you are a native Deaf signer or you have a Deaf family member then the BSL Level is not required.
To express your interest please contact: Susan Cunningham, Regional Co coordinator, High Wycombe area, Buckinghamshire Adult Learning
t: 01494 522086
Community Outreach Tutor
- Are you enthusiastic about helping adults who are very low in confidence and skills to get back on track into work or volunteering?
- Do you have experience in supporting people who struggle with anxiety and other mental health issues?
- Can you teach basic IT skills i.e. how to set up email accounts, search for and apply for jobs online?
If so, and you already have teaching qualification or are interested in gaining a qualification in teaching adults we would love to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a tutor to make a real impact on learners who may have been out of work for a while and need support to start to make progress in their lives.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in High Wycombe and/or Aylesbury where there is currently high demand for courses including Positive Pathways (building confidence and resilience for longer term unemployed people) and Get Connected-Get Selected (basic IT for jobseekers) as well as Returning to Earning (helping parents overcome barriers to returning to work), and others. We are especially interested in hearing from tutors who are experienced in working with people with anxiety and other mental health issues.
We offer daytime short courses (usually 4- 7 weeks, for two hours a week) and one day workshops. Successful applicants will join a “pool” of tutors who are allocated work according to demand. These are sessional tutor posts but fractional tutor posts may be available for the right candidates.
For an informal chat about this opportunity, please call Christine Frost (07921 494780) or Pei Harper (07917 895847).
Previous applicants need not re-apply.