A grant of £1500 is available to employers when recruiting an apprentice between the ages of 16- 24 year old (eligibility criteria applies).
To be eligible for an AGE grant you must confirm that you:
• Are not able to recruit an apprentice without the grant
• Have fewer than 50 employees in the UK, as recorded by the Employer Data Service (EDS)
• Have not had an employee start an Apprenticeship in the 12 month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the grant*. If you are eligible, you can claim up to five grants during the time the grant is available
• Understand that you do not have to wait 12 months between the first and any subsequent applications. Only one grant will be paid per employer for any particular individual
• Commit to employ your apprentice(s) for a minimum of 12 months on the Apprenticeship programme or the time it takes them to complete their Apprenticeship, whichever is the greater
• Agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more
• Based on funding rules as at December 2016. Future changes may affect this incentive.